Tree PAC urged the Seattle City Council to fund and enact the following item in the 2021. The first 4 items were adopted and the last two unfortunately were not added to the final budget adopted budget.
E-mail sent to Mayor and City Council.
Please support the following items in the city budget that support protecting trees
Tree PAC supports these budget items.
- SLI – MO-001-A-002 – Requests that the executive recommends strategies for consolidating urban forestry functions
- CBA – OSE- 002-A-003 – Add $132,000 to OSE for the Green New Deal Advisor Position
- CBA – OSE-004-A-003 – Add $140,000 to the Climate Advisory Position
- SLI – SPU-002-A-003 – request SPU to explore an expansion of the Tree Ambassador program
Tree PAC urges you add these 2 items to the budget.
- CBA – SDCI-002-A-001- Add 1 FTE arborist and 1 FTE Housing and Zoning inspector to SDCI and $275,237 General Fund to fund the positions to improve enforcement of tree regulations
- CBA – SDCI-011-A-001 – Provisio $758,563 be withheld from SDCI until they present an updated Tree Protection Ordinance to the Council by the end of Sept 2021
Chair – Tree PAC